I gave Print Fab BETA for windows a test run and made a video of it.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've tried using Print Fab BETA for Windows several times in the past few years but always gravitated back to simply using my editing software and either paper manufacturer or custom made ICC profiles for my many printers. I was never able to get the print quality and or color balance I was easily getting from my normal printing work flow.

The one thing that has always been of interest when it comes to Print Fab is that it basically has no limit on the length of the print one could make. So any panoramic length in possible. Where as the normal EPSON or CANON printer driver has maximum limitations for length which often is much shorter that what one might need. But the we all know that right?

Now that was never my reason for trying Print Fab. I am a sucker to try anything new so I was simply trying to find out whether I could print as good a print or better than I could using my regular Drivers and ICC profiles.

In the last several weeks I've decided to give it one more ( OK... LAST ) chance.
I downloaded the latest as of January 2015 version and after a bit of tinkering through QIMAGE and the PRINT FAB Drivers I made for my two PRO 3800s and the CANON PRO-100 have figured out how to get some of the best prints I have been able to obtain from my PRO 3800 and Canon PRO-100 without the use of ANY ICC profiles.
I will post more videos and info on how I've been using PRINT FAB in the future as I am still learning it's many features and it is still only a BETA version for Windows. There is a way to create ICC profiles for PRINT FAB and if I do go that route I will post my results here.
But now I am still in the very early learning stage!
Once I get the knack on creating ICC profiles for it with my ColorMunki I will compare the difference in results.
I am currently getting amazing results simply by setting the Brightness to 120% rather than the default of 100%!
Color Space sRGB and relative colorimetric.
I use CANON PRO Luster on my PRO 3800 with OEM inks. Yes folks it prints perfectly and the price as you all know was RIGHT!!!
Any way here is the video I did last night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFef25s5Q0A

Joe

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Printfab should have replied to me regarding linearization features, I did not so I asked them again. If they will allow to use custom linearization this will indeed be the one stop solution for small format printers that do not have RIPS made for them.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The zedonet just replied:

We really appreciate your valuable suggestions, however we will not add a linearization feature in the release version PrintFab 1.x as we currently don't have the "manpower".

Such a feature is planned for a future version, however this is not to be expected this year.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
linearization would be a pretty nice feature indeed, o.k., I'll wait some more time and check for the next release in a year from now.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
If we all ask for linearization feature I think they might put it on their high priority to do list. So this can be done more quickly than a year

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
In the last several weeks I've decided to give it one more ( OK... LAST ) chance.
I use CANON PRO Luster on my PRO 3800 with OEM inks. Yes folks it prints perfectly and the price as you all know was RIGHT!!!

That's the catch, you used OEM ink with non OEM paper. Printfab has linearization curves that get chosen with paper selection (same way as OEM driver does). Remember ICC profile depends on proper ink linearization curves to be created properly.

If you would use non OEM ink it would be way different, my 6700D Canon prints worse with Printfab then with Canon OEM driver. This is because I use InkTEC Inks in it.

So we should all request the linearization feature to be made ASAP.