I am unable to turn on my Canon PRIXMA MX870 printer. Please help!

joseph1949

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am unable to turn on my Canon PRIXMA MX870 printer. Please help!

I unplugged my printer to do a refill. Before I did the refill I decided to do one more print. I plugged the cord back into the wall. I see the following message on the LCD:

C000

Printer error has occurred.
Turn off power then back on again.
If problem persists, see the manual.

I have turned the power off and then back on again. I still get the C000 message.

I cannot call Canon until Monday. Canon is closed on the weekends!!!
I will go to the Canon site to see if there is a FAQ that can help me.

I have checked the manual and I cannot find a solution. I will do more Search to see if I can find an answer.

Question: Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thank you.

joseph1949

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
To: stratman

Thank you for your reply.

Before I received your reply I googled C000 and various forms of Canon PIXMA MX870 printer will not turn on. I did not get much back that was helpful.

I googled your phrase and saw the follow site:

http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=c000

This site says I have a registry problem!!! How can my pulling the plug from the wall cause a registry problem??????

I may have to wait until Monday to call Canon to fix the problem.

Any ideas?????

Thank you.

joseph1949

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
To: stratman

It seems that the yellow cart is problematic. It does not have a solid click when you seat it in. I replaced it with a newer yellow cart and the C000 message disappeared and the printer behaved correctly. I then replaced the newer cart with the problematic cart and no error messagestrange!!! I will use the problematic cart until I can no longer remove the error message.

I went to a site where someone said that it was a cart(s) that was not seated correctly. I was thinking that this could be the problem, but I could not get to the carts without manually moving the carriage over to the middle. I decided to take a chance and move the carriage (print head) by hand. Well, everything seems to be working!! But I must say that all this has been very strange.

Thank you.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
YW

Glad to hear things are working again!

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Well as far as the Registry problem goes one has to remember where MS is involved there is always a high percentage of failure ;)

One of the best oxymorons I ever heard...

Microsoft Works :lol:

OK Win 7 is pretty stable, and so it should be, after MS spent a few years playing with the prototype that had multiple problems, otherwise known as Vista :D

Glad you are now up and running again.