HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525 - HP 685

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
As for eBay, don't trust anything for 100% on it! If you can, go buy at Octoinkjet.co.uk, since it's of one of the inkjet printer guru member in this forum.
I'm in Vietnam, and I can't buy from that. Don't ask me for feedback.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Great post with excellent pictures. I previously had HP 5360 which used the 364. Not easy to fill and I had a print head go, but fortunately under warranty so when I got my new print head and starter carts I sold the printer.
If I had better knowledge at that time I would have kept it. It was a nice solid printer with excellent output.

Mohinesh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 3525
even i cannot buy it, i am from India....:he
the shipping charges would kill me...
let it be ...

Meanwhile i found a another way to refill the cartridges on YOUTUBE...... is this way advisable??? i hope you get the way how it is done....

the ink from syringe is dropped on the hole ...the syringe is not inserted into the cartridge

tejw.jpg

koi4.jpg

l9to.jpg

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi @Mohinesh ,

First of all, there's no universal ink that can be used for both thermal and piezo print head technology. Any ink that claim itself on HP, Canon,....+ Epson and Brother is almost certainly fake! They usually fall into 3 cases: universal ink OR Epson ink OR HP/Canon ink...all with label written: "HP Canon Epson Brother Lexmark...". I did buy this one, in Vietnam - see my first post with pictures, the opaque bottle!, and...yes, it destroy my printhead! But luckily I use HP printhead is forgiving, and I stopped using that ink just in time.

Just try to find ink for HP or Canon in India. Ink must be specifically state, for HP, for Canon, or for HP/Canon.

One exception case is: thermal ink can be used in piezo printhead with *some* pay back, but never the other way around.

Rule to remember:
Thermal and piezo ink do not go together, ie HP/Canon/Lexmark... never go with Epson/Brother. It should be either one only.

That way of refilling works fine with normal size cart, not with XL cart since it cannot fill the chamber. I use that way to fill my CMY and the other way to fill my K. Why? See my refilling post again. @The Hat may give you much more detailed information on this issue/technique.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Meanwhile i found a another way to refill the cartridges on YOUTUBE...... is this way advisable???
No, that's a terrible way. You do not want to put ink into the vent. When it dries there, it will plug the cartridge. Also, I don't know if you have the XL cartridge, but your procedure will not fill the ink chamber, and maybe not even the sponge, so you will not be filling the cartridges to capacity.

I don't have time to direct you further, but you need to use either the German (Durchstich) method or the topfill method. Search this forum and you will find directions for both. Mikling on this forum has very good directions for the topfill method.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
For these carts, top-fill method is the most suitable way!

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
TopFill may be the best if it's the XL kind, but what about the lower capacity cartridges (starter)? The printer is new and this is the first time he will be refilling, so I think we are talking about the cartridges that came with the printer. Right, @Mohinesh ?

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
TopFill may be the best if it's the XL kind, but what about the lower capacity cartridges (starter)?
Then fill from the exit port, not the vent. He will still have the problem of knowing when to stop, but at least he won't be filling the vent directly.

The usual way to fill from the bottom (exit port) is to make or obtain a syringe adapter. There is a long thread on "freedom filling" that has pictures of several adapters. The Inktec ink kits also come with an adapter.

Mohinesh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 3525
TopFill may be the best if it's the XL kind, but what about the lower capacity cartridges (starter)? The printer is new and this is the first time he will be refilling, so I think we are talking about the cartridges that came with the printer. Right, @Mohinesh ?

I have my BLACK as XL cartridge and other 3 as normal cartridge.....and yes my cartridges are new that came with the printer

Last edited: