How to get an old HP 895Cse to work in Vista 32

danii

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Would anyone know how to get an HP 895Cse in great working order to work in vista 32. The printer does not have a USB port.

I was told I could buy a parallel to USB cable to my new computer and that vista would find the driver.

I was also told by others that this did not work for them.

Does anyone know???

Thanks

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't own a HP 895Cse, but I have a HP DJ 720C, which uses cartridges 23 and 45 and only has parallel port, no USB, so I think that printer is very similar to your 895 Cse.

My Desktop computer is running 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium sp2. I connected the printer to the computer using the USB to parallel converter cable and the installation is automatic, the same way as in Windows 7 as described in this post: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=46168#p46168 So my guess is that it will also work with your printer and computer.

Another way to connect your printer to your computer is using a parallel port extension card, if there is an available PCI slot in the Dell and you can find such a card. But before buying such a card, check that it is compatible with Windows Vista and a proper driver is available.

Proof of successful installation is here:

6881_hpdj720c.jpg