How good is your OEM Profile?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
In the previous earlier video demo, using the Canon Color Management Tool, I created a profile for the CANON PRO-100 for CANON Pro Luster paper using PrecisionColors inks.
I loved the prints I was getting BUT just exactly how does it compare to the OEM profile for the same paper / Printer and OEM Inks????
ICCView tells the whole story
https://youtu.be/CNkarptXiCE

Joe

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
hello Joe,
did you create as well the profile with the OEM inks, or do you compare your profile for the PC inks against the genuine Canon profile ? I have redone OEM profiles and found that my profiles differed from Epson profiles, on Epson paper with Epson inks - it may have been different profiling software - it may be that the Epson profiles got tuned, smoothed whatever. Mine were typically a little bit smaller than the Epson profiles. Burghard

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
hello Joe,
did you create as well the profile with the OEM inks, or do you compare your profile for the PC inks against the genuine Canon profile ? I have redone OEM profiles and found that my profiles differed from Epson profiles, on Epson paper with Epson inks - it may have been different profiling software - it may be that the Epson profiles got tuned, smoothed whatever. Mine were typically a little bit smaller than the Epson profiles. Burghard

The comparison is My Profile made with Canon Color Management tool and PC inks ( the newest set ) against the CANON OEM profile for OEM inks and PRO Luster quality 1/2

Now I will create a straight up Colormunki profile with the CM software and compare that against the previous two. After that, someone wants me to do a video showing how to produce an optimized version of a current CM profile using the Optimizing Function of the CM software and further compare.

The problem with that is that optimizing of a profile in CM software is dependent on the image you use for the optimization. It is intended to refine a current CM profile to further refine how it prints a specific image, as in one that may be a bit difficult for the printer and the normal CM profile to deal with.

So do I use one of the available standard images to create the optimized version??? Some other type of image???
I am open to any and all suggestions from our experts!

Thanks
Joe

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
'optimizing' - o.k. - aren't you happy enough with the existing profile for the PC ink?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Oh, absolutely I am. BUT there are others who simply just have to know if it can get any better. They want me to find out for them. I didn't know I was "the go to guy".
But yes, I am perfectly happy to leave it where it currently is.

Joe