Hobbicolors... how to get just ONE color?

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Got my first shipment from hobbi-colors. Great customer service and everything arrived as I excepted.

Dumb question though:

I bought a set of 8-colors (Pro900o II)- which was fine as I am just starting to refill. However, as i think about my actual usage- my consumption rate of, say magenta or cyan is about 8x that of red/green. If I have to keep buying sets of 8, I will quickly have a stockpile of red and green bottles that will never get used before their shelflife expires.

I see no other website to buy hobbicolors...... what are others doing?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Email Hobbicolors and ask to purchase single inks in quantites and colors you need.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You probably will find that your photo cyan and photo magenta get used the most.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I'm ecstatic because I've been printing mainly on glossy papers the last week & my red has started to go down. I never thought I'd see the day.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
You should always set the paper setting to Photo Glossy Paper Plus (I or II) or Glossy Paper Pro. If you choose "Other Photo Papers", the system will fall back to the 6-colour CcMmYK printing system and your red and green will only be consumed during cleaning cycles. If you want to force the usage of the red and green inks, always choose Photo Glossy Paper Plus (I or II) or Glossy Paper Pro.