help needed with epson stylus cx3600 and canon pixma MP600

printerenquirer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
this is my first time using this so hello whoever you are, i hope you can be of assistance to me, my printing has become extremely important to me, so important, i did 7000 prints in my first week, i took my old cx3600 out of the cupboard after learning that you can reset counters and i did so, i got my canon ip1500 out too, which is a terrific little printer but the ink tanks are pretty litte too, so that printer is for light to moderate stuff, anyway without digressing, i reset the cx3600 and got it going again and i also have a chip resetter for the cartridges so ive been using cheap ink and it was all going ok forgot to mention i had 2 cx's one i binned recently which is why your thinking how i could print out 7000 prints in one week, well i had 4 printers going from one 7 port usb hub. anyway to cut a long story short, my cx packed up on me, at first the black went a little fuzzy so i decided to take the print head out and give it a clean which ive done before a few times and all went well, ive never used alcohol just flush or water but today i was advised by the chemist when i asked for isopropyl that meths would be ok so i got some spirit instead, maybe i shouldnt have, now the thing is before i tried to clean the head all colours were fine it was just black. so now nothing works, and im wordering, is the head burnt out? is it electrical? how do you tell? have i broken a pressure seal inside the head? or blown a gasket? is it still fixable? does the head need to be totally bone dry before going back in? i opened it up tonight and cleaned out the ink waste and put it all back together cleaned the whole thing flushed water thru the head and made sure every single nozzle was unclogged and still nothing, i dont really want to accept the head has gone totally i feel that if its ceramic plated surely it can be fixed. do i open the print head up and seal around the ink filters with a glue gun or something to make sure no ink is going anywhere else but down and out, because everytime i try to print and nothing happens i take the head back out and theres a wet line right round the seal and it doesnt look healthy. so thats the cx problem, help would be appreciated.
as for the new mp600 well, i bought it because i was told it would be resettable too and i could use any kind of ink, but i was lied too wasnt i, cause it doesnt print after me going and filling up the tanks with normal dye ink when it should be pigment,
is this the reason its not printing right, i put it back in the box until i got advice about this printer but my concern is the dye ink on the printheads justnow will it affect it how do i store the heads and should i clean them first, since im having problems i decided to do a bit of reading and i bought myself 5 epson r240's, would you say that has been a smart move? well i dont know ive never had one before but the ink is cheap its dye ink, i have a resetter for the cartridges, i dont have a resetter for the r240 counters so i would like one of them, and you get pictbridge and smartcard support with the r240 and i believe its not an all in one which means its less to worry about if something breaks and renders useless the things print 19ppm supposedly and take 100 sheets in the paper feed what more can you ask for for 47.00 each and free delivery. i needed to act fast and sort my printing problem, but its still bugs me i cant fix my cx and im worried about my canon which is a real nice solid printer, so help me do some quick fixin please if you have some time on your hands to answer a quick one.
yeah so since im using epsons and canons ill be looking for durabrite ink and pigment. and hopefully within the year ill be a printer wizard just like some of you's
one final thing, did i do any damage to the cx printhead by completely submersing it in liquid even over the electrical contacts, or did i do damage by forcing water out with a syringe too powerfully and burst something inside? i will learn you know, i know you'll show me. posting helpsites for me to read would be good also as a lot do have great answers but do not have time to type and i understand.:cool:
Mark

printerenquirer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

here is a scanned image of what my MP600 output is like after trying generic ink in a beand new printer first time on refilling brand new cartridges, ok at least the thing prints but im worried that ive put the wrong ink in and now its in it should be taken out before i print any more pages. if i remove the head what should i do to keep it stored safely, should i clean it and leave it to dry or should i clean it and put it in a bag with moisture to keep it wet, obviously im going to get rid of the new oem cartridges and get new ones never to make the same mistake again but right now ive left the thing as it is with generic ink on the heads switched off, advice on how to protect the head before i do any more damadge would be a help, as you can see not only has the print quality for black been poor, but it is printing in a mexican wave style text, just the text not the pictures, maybe the colour isnt doing it due to the fact i refilled all cartridges upon just the large black ink tank going low, that was to save me refilling all the time and save some time, i filled all cartridges at once so i probably mixed the inks at some point too. i will learn you know, you have to make the mistakes first before putting right

printerenquirer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

on this image you will see part of the text does come out normal its not waved but its really only a slight amount compaired with the whole print. so i have not got a clue what it could be, its just strainge to me that the pictures next to the text are absolutely fine theyre not distorted in any way what so ever yet the text goes up and down and up and down

printerenquirer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
and according to my first post about the cx3600 printhead i still have not found an answer about it i mean i know how cleaning the head should be done but i dont know that if you take the print head apart and break any pressure seals that should they be resealed to be totally airtight and if so what would you use to do that. on the cx3600 head it looks all straightforward but there does look to be like a white rubber type gasket which has been dismantled maybe thats why im getting ink and water coming out the sides of the head seal. im looking at this as if it were a car and the cylinder head had blown the car would start but would not work correctly and in order to get it repaired one would have to do an oil change and get rid of any water that had gotten into the original supply of oil before the car working again? would this theory be correct or is epson heads a whole different ball game