Help for CISS and bulk ink for canon MP610

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
alaa945
I waiting your help
This CISS system is a bit over priced much more than the normal CISS generally sold on the market, but it does looks to be a very good one and good luck to you installing it without any problems.
The video on their site shows only the HP printer which has static cartridges; however youre going to be installing it on a Canon. Take another look at the threads above #2 + #4, because unless you intend to print reams of paper a day you wont really need a CISS.
I hate to throw a spanner in the works for you and repeat myself, but refilling your OEM cartridges are a better option. You could even have two or three sets filled and ready for use later, like most people do. :) O' You didnt say where youre at.. :|
thanks mr "the Hat"
very good idea about having two or three sets filled and ready for use I will do it, but should I buy reseter for the cartridges or I can reset it by the printer itself
Canon MP610
I'm Egyption and living in Saudi arabia
thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

sllowmail

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If u insist of using CISS, do not purchase from the internet, buy it fr a neighbouring store. If problem arises, you can get help easily.

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks guys I success for buying ink from precision colors with rester but i want to know how can i fill the cartridges my canon mp610
how many ml i will fill cli 8 cartridge and pgi 5bk?
thanks for your support

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Real life volumes for the CLI-8 is about 8-9 ml when the sponge is still saturated. The PGI-5Bk about 18-20 ml. If you use the german durchstich refill method you just fill the whole syringe (say: 10 ml) completely full and then see how much the cartridge/sponge can absorb.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If starting with a completely empty cartridge, such as just manufacured but not filled yet:

CLI-8 = 13 ml

PGI-5 = 26 ml

The closest to injecting these amounts of ink during your refilling career would be after a purge/flushing with water and then drying out of the cartridge. Otherwise, the amount you inject into the cartridge is variable and usually dependent on how much ink is left in the sponged side of the cartridge.