Have you seen this video?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The cleaning cycle is extremely important for reliability and longevity of the printhead. Why would you want to skip this cycle? Do you really want that?

I wish some of these reviewers actually understood how printers work and what inks are suitable for what and why certain AIOs are meant for certain category of users and not directly comparable.

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well it seems to do it every time I print, shouldn't it do it like once a day?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The prime cycle is not as straightforward as it appears. On my Mp500 if it has not been used within 24 hours, it will prime the head, but not perform a complete clean cycle which is more intense. Similar noises are heard. On my previous i9900 it would do it a lot, but the only setting I had used was high quality and that may affect the frequency as it ensures that all nozzles will have ink when printing. It could be that this same phenomena is happening to you.

One would think that the only reason to do this is to extract more ink for sales, but one also needs to consider that in some countries ink consumption data is standardized and published as a spec. So high ink usage penalizes sales......unless the spec does not include intermittent printing.