Gray scale prints with greenish tone

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I have some color photographs that I scanned in black and white and printed in gray scale mode. They print with a greenish tone. My printer is a MP-600 and I use ink from Ink Supply(MIS). I had assumed that printing in gray scale mode would use only the black ink but this looks more like a 3 color process black. Any ideas on why this is happening?
Thanks

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Are you printing on plain paper or photo paper? If you are printing on plain paper and you specify greyscale, it will use only the pigment black ink but it won't be a very good print unless you specify high quality.

For more information, click on the Inkjet FAQ's link at the top of this page and click on the question regarding greyscale printing.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Does your printer have the option to print grayscale - a printer option, not a photo software option?

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I'm sorry, I should have posted back. I found the problem was I had selected photo paper instead of plain paper. I should have remembered it used dye ink on photo paper therefore it was printing process black which is very difficult to get true black. Thanks for the replies.