G&g Cli-8 ?

xraymarc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am new to using aftermarket cartridges. I have a question regarding the top portion of the g&g cli-8 cartridge before installing it in the printer. Should the entire sticker on top be removed or just the yellow sticker that says pull me. On my first replacement, I removed all the stickers so all you see is the clear air channels. Is this dangerous to my printer? I see if you turn cartridge upside down it will leak like crazy, but beside this it seems fine. Will the ink evaporate quicker. Please help. Thanks, Marc

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
The part of the lable that is the same color as the ink should remain on the cartridge. You might try replacing the part you removed with a good grade of tape.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There are aftermarket carts that work very well with all the tape removed from the top. The tape that remains after removing the part that says "pull me" does help to prevent evaporation and it also makes it less likely to leak when turned upside down. If you put tape back, be sure to leave the end of the crooked air channel exposed.