Forced Pixma Pro 100 to Print

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
Hi,

I am trying to refill my daughter's Pixma Pro 100 carts, and think I messed up the yellow circuit board when transferring to a cleaned CL8 cart (suspect I scratched a trace, can't see because I don't have a magnifying glass or microscope). We can't find any source for CLI-42 carts here in Flagstaff Az, so we'll need to order on-line. I will be leaving in a couple days and my grand daughter's need some prints for school. I tried using another Magneta circuit board (had a spare) on the yellow filled CL8 but the printer flagged it as the wrong cart (probably a good idea to prevent you from plugging in the wrong color cart in the wrong slot!).

I need to force the Pixma Pro 100 to print even though the yellow cart circuit board is not attached (the cart is in the slot though). I recall a method to do this but can't remember the details.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry Mike but your out of luck, hell will freeze over before you’ll get it to work without a proper cartridge chip.

There are still many places to get one, on line, a friend or neighbour, you could even get a compatible one and use the chip from that, you don’t need a new, a used one will still work if you can get one, don’t give up to quickly..
Here are instructions to remove a chip from a cart without damaging it.
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-chip-removal-made-easy.5629/

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
Thanks for the reply. I've swapped the boards on a few CLI-42 carts before without an issue, but Murphy got me this time!! Thought I could "fool" the printer thinking that all the boards were the same, used a board from a old spare dried out Magenta CLI-42, nope didn't work!!