First ink cart change on Pro 100

dannno

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
I got a low ink indicator on my Light Gray cartridge. I was planning to swap all 8 carts. The light gray was totally empty on the side without sponge. Photo Magenta was 1/2 full. all the others had so much ink, I didn't swap them this time. Some were reading half full or less, and were 3/4 full +.
So, I'll be refilling my first two carts in the coming week.
I expected lengthy gyrations when I closed the lid after changing inks. It really didn't do much at all...
Dan

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I got a low ink indicator on my Light Gray cartridge. I was planning to swap all 8 carts. The light gray was totally empty on the side without sponge. Photo Magenta was 1/2 full. all the others had so much ink, I didn't swap them this time. Some were reading half full or less, and were 3/4 full +.
So, I'll be refilling my first two carts in the coming week.
I expected lengthy gyrations when I closed the lid after changing inks. It really didn't do much at all...
Dan

Seems like a good start. Don`t forget the nozzle check to make sure the new cartridges are feeding ink without restriction. At this stage a nozzle check before each new print job is a good precaution until you get confidence in the refilled cartridge. After that once a week is usually sufficient.

rs