Epson Head Cleaning

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My Epson RX530 has 4 ink tanks. They do not use sponges. My question is if I emptied and filled a cartridge with a suitable cleaner, could I then place that cleaner cartridge in each ink position to flush its print heads?.

Then having done that how long would it take to get the ink to replace any cleaning fluid. I know the ink is about the same consistancy of water and nearly the same specific density.

I ask this for future reference as the printer is kept full of ink and is ok at the moment.

Terry

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I wouldn't advise it, unless you are 100% sure about that model.
I did something like that some time ago with a HP - had to buy new printer :(

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks point taken, I will do regular nozzle checks. By the way this printer was purchased in Australia and I am searching for a method to reset the waste tank warning when it occurs. Thh SCC softyware does not support it at present. Is there a code or software that does. I would assume repair agents would have a simple method even re flashing the onboard eprom.

If you hear of a method I would appreciate knowing how.

Terry

printerenquirer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
dont know if its worthwhile trying but the SCC does have an option for unsupported printers, i think ill be trying it when it comes to my R240's not unless someone has an answer for resetting them outwith SCC