Epson ET-7750 print register issues from rear feeder

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
After a couple of cleans magenta and Pbk have returned. More testing and cleaning tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 30

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Getting perfect nozzle checks....All is good! Now I need to get some profiles made for the new inkset.

Big thanks for all your help.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Getting perfect nozzle checks

That's good news indeed - I'm glad to hear that.
But keep in mind as a precaution to inspect your printer more carefully for pigment deposit, the printer is not designed for such inks in the first place. This could be the cleaning unit and as well the connection of the dampers to the ink pads in the printhead carriage, those foam pieces can act as filters over time and clog. And just don't let the printer idle for too long. The dampers contain rather small and very fine wire mesh filters which you find as well in refill cartridges. I have seen it several times that these filters clog - after a longer usage time - both in dampers and refill carts. That impeds the ink flow and let it look like nozzle problems.

Last edited:

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Thanks for the advice! Farbenwerk also recommend rocking the printer to and fro from time to time. this helps keep the pigments in suspension

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
I have another issue. I'm getting magenta ink overspray on one border of the print. On landscape mode its either at the top or bottom, depending how I orient the print file. Hope you can see what I mean from the Photo. This is just a test print on office paper.

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 25

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not really clear what the problem is. Overspray happens when I try to print borderless , and there is a mismatch between the actual papersize and the size selected in the driver. It typically has a width of a fraction of or a few millimeters, and it can be any color. When do you see the effect - always or only with particular driver settings or paper format or ?

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
I'm not printing borderless. If you look at the above photo you will see a very generous white border of about 35mm on A4 office paper. There you will see magenta ink streaks in the white paper border.

I'm really not doing anything different from my normal way of printing. I haven't encounted this before.

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Interesting! I've just made the same print with Gimp. It looks fine. So its a software problem?

I need to do more testing.

Last edited:

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
I'm on a mac. I've printed via the following; Epson paper layout, Preview, Air print, Pixelmator epson driver. All these display the magenta issue. Only Gimp and PrintFab (which is on test) print clean.

I find this very odd, since the photo is what I regulary use for testing. This is the first time I've noticed the problem.
Very curious?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm on Windows 10, I can't duplicate your problem. It appears to the a conflict between the driver, the paper format and some application software which uses this data as well, and it could be that some other format data is stored as well in the printer - e.g. A4 in bin 1