Epson 3800 is sick

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100 Epson 3880, 9880
Hello All

My 3800 has for some time had the dreaded black in switching problem where the PK tank drains to empty but the MK works fine. I’ve been printing with it like that for over a year. But now the magenta channel is showing a stubborn clog in two or three ports. I did the usual cleaning procedures including under the head, in the process getting some black ink into the yellow. I understand this happens. Nothing was touching the magenta clog though. So I ran the auto clean cycle to see what the checkerboard nozzle check looked like and only the three blacks and one of the cyan s printed. Nothing at all printed on the other cyan, the yellow or the magentas. So now I’m wondering if the magenta was even being cleaned. The message on the screen says “cleaning error press the cancel/reset button”. Both red lights to the left of the screen are flashing and pressing the reset button does nothing. The printer has to be rebooted to get it out of this condition. So now I’m wondering if there are more problems here than I want to tackle.