Ebay flooded by cheap Chinese ink

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I don't know how Chinese factories formulate their inks. There may be good ink manufacturers there. The problems may be in the sellers. If their mind is dominated by the concept of cheaper is better you will not get good inks from them.

alback

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I purchased a CIS system from an Ebay seller, and it has worked very well for over a month. The kit (including freight) cost less than a replacement set of cartridges for my Epson Artisan 800 (without freight). If you look at the feedback for many of these sellers the really active ones have supplied thousands of supplies with less than 2% complaint ratio.

The Ebay seller I dealt with was excellent to deal with, he still responds to emails, and had corrected an earlier set of faulty chips without hesitation. I am sure that although he ships from NY, the CIS likely came from China. As to his ink, my photo prints look great as does any paper printing. The only difference I have experienced from Epson, is when I print to non print silver CD's. His ink does not dry fully, the original Epson ink did. (matt surface - not gloss)

I will try a set of bulk inks from Mikling and hope it sets better on this silver surface. However the CD's are not intended for printing so I am stretching the limits.

It wouldn't surprise me if Epson/Canon/HP/Brother etc. didn't have manufacturing of their ink supplied from China, as well as some of the popular non-oem ink supply companies. Also many of the CIS systems I see sold throughout NA, can be seen on export sites out of China.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
You can try Chinese ink and cartridges as well as CIS systems. You will find out why there have had so many negative inputs of Chinese cheap exports on this forum. I have had sevenral CIS for a few Epson printers. None of them lasted more than a few moths. I will never waste my money on any of them again.