Does anyone know where I can purchase bottles like these?

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know where in the USA (online stores preferably) I can purchase bottles with the cap made like the one on this link?

Sudhaus ink refill instructions

I mostly like the fact that you can just insert the needle right into the cap of the bottle. The instructions say they are septum caps or something.

Thanks

rarebear

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think its a good idea for spill proof but in time the bottle tops will wear out and there will just be a open hole..

I think if you should Google "Lab Bottles"
I dont think MSCDirect.com, McMaster.com or Grainger.com

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Grandad35 said:
I use these instead of syringes.
Hi, thanks for the link, but won't the needle break if I was using the German Durchstich method?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
eixty said:
Grandad35 said:
Hi, thanks for the link, but won't the needle break if I was using the German Durchstich method?
No, none have broken and there have been no failures of bottle or needle for me.

If you want to be more careful, do the initial needle pass with a needle attached to a syringe for the added rigidity and feeling of better control. After the initial channel is made from the first pass, subsequent needle passes will be easier and put less force on the needle and bottle.

The Howard Electronic bottles with their threaded caps work fantastic as both refilling and ink storage tool. Use the needle cap or some other method to prevent airflow via the needle open to air while attached to the bottle cap.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
eixty said:
The needles are the Luer lock type, and are exactly the same as those used on many syringes.

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman said:
eixty said:
Grandad35 said:
No, none have broken and there have been no failures of bottle or needle for me.

If you want to be more careful, do the initial needle pass with a needle attached to a syringe for the added rigidity and feeling of better control. After the initial channel is made from the first pass, subsequent needle passes will be easier and put less force on the needle and bottle.

The Howard Electronic bottles with their threaded caps work fantastic as both refilling and ink storage tool. Use the needle cap or some other method to prevent airflow via the needle open to air while attached to the bottle cap.
I see, thanks for the confirmation and tip.

Grandad35 said:
eixty said:
The needles are the Luer lock type, and are exactly the same as those used on many syringes.
Yeah, I noticed that, but I was really more worried about the weight of the bottles, but the above post says its fine. Thanks again for the supplied link. I will be purchasing some for refills.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I use the Howard Electronics squeeze bottles but do not use the German method. I would suggest that you follow Stratman's advice on making the initial needle penetration with the needle attached to a syringe. The bottle cap is a fairly soft plastic and one of mine had the threads that hold the needle hub partially strip out. Putting too much lateral pressure when making the initial penetration could possibly make the needle hub force itself out of the theads that hold it and that would be a real mess! I have never had a problem with the needle hub separating from the cap threads, but I do test them to be sure they are secure before I turn the bottle upside down to do my refilling!

Having said that, these bottles speed up refilling because there is no cleaning of syringes or needles, nor is there the need to uncap and recap bottles with the risk of spills or the need to draw ink into syringes. After I use each one I turn it upright, put a piece of paper towel around the needle tip and gently squeeze the ink out of the needle several times to totally clear the needle of ink. I then use a cap that is actually the sheath that the needles come in when purchased at a medical supply.

I made a small simple stand that hold the bottles upright. It is a rectangular piece of 1"x2" wood that I used a hole saw to cut out the exact diameter hole in which each squeeze bottle fits. My photo printer is an i960 six color printer and I have six squeeze bottles that fit into the six holes drilled through the wood that is slightly longer than would be necessary to hold the bottles. Labels on the bottles avoid confusion between the photo C and photo M and the C and M inks.

By the way, when you order the bottles from Howard you may wish to call them and request that they send them with the length and guage needle you want. They sell them without a needle or with a half inch long needle. I requested a longer needle and they complied with no additional charge.

Kefp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS9020, Pro100
yes, I second the use of those squeeze bottles. Make refilling a snap w/o having to clean syringes etc.