Diagnosing Nozzle Check

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
The colors of the nozzle check are shifting, cyan looks greenish yellow like beige, light colors are almost invisible ... but in addition it looks like a dotty pattern, I think the color fields should look more solid...

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Yes, since I am color blind, there may be other colors mixed up. I could only identify the yellow as being off. If there are others, you need to examine and replace the cartridges for any that are contaminated.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I disagree. As I said earlier, the service test patterns are not even. Even though all the nozzles may be "firing", the ink is ending up on the wrong place on the print... This implies eroded nozzles..which only a new print head will fix (IMO).

Wayne

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
turbguy said:
I disagree. As I said earlier, the service test patterns are not even. Even though all the nozzles may be "firing", the ink is ending up on the wrong place on the print... This implies eroded nozzles..which only a new print head will fix (IMO).

Wayne
Are you talking about the nozzle check on post #5? If so, I doubt that those slight irregularities in the pattern will be noticeable on a photo. But in any case, the colors need to be taken care of and then we'll see if there is an additional problem.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Yes, I am talking about the service test print in post #5. If two (or more) nozzles are printing on one place on the paper, there will be noticable dark and light "streaking" in the photo print. See my old post at:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2359&p=1

Sorry it's so long. In my experience, misplaced ink DOES cause defects in photo printing. And ONLY replacement of the printhead solved it.

Wayne