Conflicting Info On Chip Resetter For Canon PGI-220 & CLI-221

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
nifty-stuff.com said:
What, no answer to the USB vs. Battery question?
Seems like ehuesman has purchased but not yet received his chip resetter. Until he receives his purchase and posts back, try asking the eBay seller the question. Also nhendrix recently posted in his thread about this refiller - http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5504 - maybe post a question on that thread for an answer.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I use the resetter from YYK Distibution, it is USB, works fine.

ehuesman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
First, let me apologize for not having replied earlier. I forgot to subscribe to the thread and it wasn't on my mind since I had edited my OP with a "Disregard".

As far as the question of battery vs. USB concerning the re-setter sold on eBay, I had the same question and it was one of the reasons I didn't order than one. I ordered this one on Amazon. I cost me $13.48 shipped. I was a little concerned because it looked like a different design than most of the others, but I received it yesterday and it looks like this one here, including the same instructions.

I did try it out on one of the cartridges and verified that it works as described. Of course my luck has it that I've been experiencing printer problems and may be getting a new and different printer and will need a different chip re-setter.