Compare STS & OEM ink

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Yep colour profiling is how you should set things for pure accuracy, though to be honest the difference between the 2 inks the user posted is so small i would not bother altering things, especially when "by eye" i actually preferred the STS print.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Well, we all view the printouts through the unkown color performance of the scanner, and not all of the viewers here have a calibrated monitor either for their judgement, so I think it is somewhat difficult to draw conclusions about the ink performance in this unconrolled environment

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Kinda agree with you again there what we see on our screen may differ to the prints in real life, which i preferred was just based on what i was viewing, no doubt others would had preferred the opposite to myself. Both examples given though are pretty similar and if in real life the only real difference is slightly more saturation to certain colours over the other then i would likely be happy with either ink.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
Well, we all view the printouts through the unkown color performance of the scanner, and not all of the viewers here have a calibrated monitor either for their judgement, so I think it is somewhat difficult to draw conclusions about the ink performance in this unconrolled environment
But we can see that two ink under same condition what color profile will add for me.

It's same image same paper there if one color success here it will be do good in other profile characteristics of each color CMY to made new profile no thing to add :hide

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
It gives a reasonable fair compare, i think what he was saying is basically it may still look slightly different to the real life results, which is why i only kinda agreed. On the one hand looking at images on screen of scanned documents is not likely to be exactly the same as the documents in the flesh, on the other hand as you point out its a fair compare due to the same paper, scanner etc being used.

Either way IMO its a reasonable compare and IMO definitely one worth having to refer to :)