Clogged PM Cartridge

Ron635

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100
I am using Precision inks in a Pixma Pro 100 printer.
No problem until I made a complete swap of carts when I got exclamation notice of low yellow.
Now nozzle check indicates persistent clogging of PM.
If I run nozzle check and cleaning cycle I can at times get normal nozzle pattern or
near normal, but clogging can return at end of a printing session and after printer has sat idle.
Cart appears to be OK. Will not drip with plug in place but ink freely flows with plug removed.
Doubt permanent damage since I can get normal nozzle pattern at times.
Have ordered a "virgin" cart from PI.
Would appreciate any suggestions if using the virgin cart does not solve the problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You problem is more likely cause by a badly preforming cartridge rather than a head clog, especially when you can get a good nozzle check first.

The cartridge has been filled incorrectly or at the wrong time, i.e. ink ran out. The best thing to do now is to remove and save the remaining ink and purge the cartridge with clean soft or distilled water and try refilling it again after carefully removing all of the water.

The cartridge should drip a little ink when the orange clip has been removed after refilling, it is best not to try and over fill the cartridge because that too can lead to ink starvation very quickly if the air maze become blocked.

Please remember to use only your OEM cartridges at all times, (Yellow excepted)..

Ron635

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100
A replacement cart from Precision Ink is on its way. Hopefully it solve the problem.
Thank you for your input.