cli-8 screw hole plugs

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
How do you like the OCP pigment black ink? Is it dark enough for you? Have you noticed any difference in blackness compared to the other two that you have used?
I am not using the OCP pigment Black - only the 8 dye based colors for my Pro9000. Still using the pigment black that I got from Precision Colors.

Steve W.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
That's good. Have you purchased any OCP pigment black yet? Do you plan to switch when your IS stock is depleted? The reason I ask is because it appears to be somewhat lighter to me and I just wonder what other people's impression of it is.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
George,
Actually I am probably going to stick with the IS pigment black. With OCP the smallest quantity is 16 oz. That would probably last me well into my next lifetime - I am 71. With the dye based colors the 16 oz is large but I do a lot more color photo printing than just black text. I was able to find a fellow Inkjet Forum member who had just bought the complete set of 8 inks for his Pro9000 and he traded me 4 oz each of RED and GREEN for some purged CLI-8 cartridges that he needed. I am happy with the IS pigment black so I will stick to using it.

Steve W.