CLI-225 Cli-226 specifically Canon MG8120 CIS

macattak1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Any one doing refills or CIS on the new Canon MG printers?

Looking at the MG8120. Found this site for [http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store441/home.php?cat=2]Refills and CIS for the new printers[/url].

They have some videos on the newer printers, but don't see one for a new Grey Cli-226. The CIS for this looks pretty streamlined and good. Anyone using any of their other products?

I sent them a number of questions like:
- Reusing chips not a problem?
- CIS on Canons does not get as positive reviews as say CIS on Epsons?
- Video on newer MG with Grey carts?
- Cutting hole in printer plastic to run tubes through instead of spacers?

Peace and Blessings
Mac

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Running CIS on Canons has proven to be unreliable. They're just too prone to air leaks, which normally wouldn't be such a big deal but with thermal print heads if you run them dry you risk burning out print heads very quickly.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
macattak1
The best advice on this forum is: - Canon printers dont work at all well on CISS units. :(
If you go ahead and fit one, youll have to baby sit your printer.
Youll need to print a half dozen pages on it a day to keep it in good working order,
otherwise you will end up with problems (and possibly no hair too).

No Canon CISS that I am aware of uses pigment ink in it, simply because it would bung up in a day or two.
The Ciss that you were looking at seems to be a good one but I would question the inks that are in it.

The company claims that their inks are OEM quality and they also use pigment black ink in their CISS.
I would need a lot of sugar to swallow that statement above,
also are you aware that you will need to remove the chips from your OEM cartridges to get this CISS working.. :|

macattak1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Was not sure that CISS is really the way to go for me. Not enough printing.

However, what do you think about the Chip swap? Was thinking that this simple swap would not work? That the chip and or software would prevent us till some sort of re-setter is out. Doubt there will be a re-setter available for a year or two. And I can just see the printer not liking the chip at some point and that is the end of that chip...

On a good side note. Someone just emailed me about seeing my want to buy MP830 off of Amazon's web page. She says her grandfather has one and it is to difficult for him to use/need. So maybe I will have a way to keep in the MP830 group and use up all those carts I just bought before the crash! I would not trust her except that she has a very simple first initial, middle initial, lastname @ yahoo.com for email so I may not get ripped off. May not... :)

Peace and Blessings
Mac