Checking Photo Print Quality

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
A good way to see if your printer is printing well is to scan in a portion or all of it at your scanners highest resolution. I scan it in at 1200dpi and can see a lot of little dots that get sprayed onto the photo paper. Then I use Windows Photo Gallery or a similar program so I can zoom in. I will take the original digital photo and zoom in to see how close they are. Of course you should check the picture visually with the original every once and a while to make sure the colors are right.

Some printers spray oddly colored dots evenly or randomly spaced. You can immediately tell when you zoom in. Sometimes you can see imperfections on blank paper.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
d1hamby..
Why do you go to all that trouble with your printer and photos? If you just visually check them that is usually all that is needed. If youre satisfied with the results then nobody else can criticise them. Well it works for me..
:cool:

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
When your thinking of buying a printer for printing pictures you may want to see if there is any difference in the quality. Then you'll need to look this close. If your older and need to see the difference of the different printer settings, and can't see that well, this is one way to overcome that.