@turbguy
There is no way that I can see not to respond, and no way that I have at my disposal to be more diplomatic, other than to ask you and others take what follows as comment on what the words represent to me, not as a comment on you personally, please! I really make commentary here, no offence intended and if taken, I apologise in advance, but I wont back down.
I'd like to see the "grey market" compete with the Official USA Canon rebate deals on the PRO-100's!
Canon supply BOTH the Gray Marketer, and Canon USA and are manipulating both, why cant folks "get" that FACT.
It is the blind, dogged, desperate grip that folks have on "well if Canon went out of business where would we get our Cameras/Printers......." answer :
someone else, better, smarter ? and seamlessly in today's world, would not be a moment lost,
AND folks with Canon products would be no worse off, Canon support...what support, its a bloody JOKE, you pay and pay and
PAY. Are Canon alone in this? ........Was Noah alone in the Ark?
It astounds me to the core that otherwise intelligent human beings will line up to denounce and mock, insult, and pillory anyone daring to point out Corporate gouging or "disloyalty" to OEM inks and supplies outside this forum.
That said, a "Generic Drug" is not "grey market".
In the sense of a BRAND manufacturer, no it is not, but in the sense of an outcome it very definitely is! forget the smoke and mirrors, we are talking a product here, a compound, that delivers an outcome, just like a camera or printer. The patent system's very existance is predicated on greed, the need to protect an idea, concept, whatever, against predation... to what end.....as it has turned out in the fullness of time, the outcome has been legalised gouging, extortion, and manipulation and NO industry can get within cooee of the Chemical/ Pharmacutical/Medical Industry for their exploitation/ leverage of vulnerability.
Again what has this to do with Printer Knowledge, I say a lot, I enjoy printing, the Manufacturers spend a greater part of what they manage to fleece out of me to find ways to make me pay more and more.
I do health drugs to keep my heart beating steadily, Pharmacutical fat cats strive to deny me that medication and EXTORT many millions of dollars from my Goverment, that I fund because we in Australia cling (just) to the idea of Universal Health Care.
If I did'nt do the drugs I would die, if I died I would not buy ink, or paper or printer so.....John Cone, Xerox, Canson and Epson.......send your donations to my letter box care of the double gates ( 4th on the right, going South) ...that way I keep buying your products, and you keep getting richer.
Come to think on it, add Toilet paper, another essential so Bowater-Scott, out with the wallet too
