Canon to Epson?

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Amazing how actual experiences can vary so much, isn't it?

My first non-dot matrix printer was a Canon, I can't remember the exact model number, but it preceded the BJC-6000 by a good margin; I owned several of those. So long ago, there was no computer interface for maintenance, you pushed the right buttons on the machine to clean the head, etc.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Amazing how actual experiences can vary so much, isn't it?

My first non-dot matrix printer was a Canon, I can't remember the exact model number, but it preceded the BJC-6000 by a good margin; I owned several of those. So long ago, there was no computer interface for maintenance, you pushed the right buttons on the machine to clean the head, etc.

Those were the days :)
My EPSON LQ-1170 dot matrix still works ! And the ribbons are available for them, if you "refill" the ribbon a few times it make printing cheap, but the noise is very high ! That's the only thing I hate about dot matrix printers - the noise.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
If anything, dot matrix were and are reliable. No bad prints, er, letters, ever. It's funny, I LIKED the noise. I knew something real was going on, like the burble of a throaty exhaust.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
oh yes, sure, I did something wrong running Canon printers , and they all died after the 2nd or 3rd printhead catastrophically, with original ink - what an expense, or with refill, it didn't make a difference. One unit got a defect power supply, as well one Epson printer, yes - I did something wrong using Canon printers - using them at all in the first place - I could have had much better times without them....and I never got into that much trouble with HP or Brother.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
If anything, dot matrix were and are reliable. No bad prints, er, letters, ever. It's funny, I LIKED the noise. I knew something real was going on, like the burble of a throaty exhaust.

The noise was not that bad except if you fired high quality mode.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Ink stained Fingers

How do you deal with micro banding that epson printers have? Small photos like A6 can't have any as they are looked up close. I investigated recent EPSON L800, then the L1800 A3 printers, but every russian forum is full of threads about how to solve banding, how ink dampers suck air over time etc. etc.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
*mutters about slate and chalk market downturn and something about pens and paper silliness*
:old

*wanders back into hermitage*