Canon spare parts in 2024 in the U.K.

Simon Knight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 9000 mkII Epson 1500W
I believe that I have burnt out the print head in my Canon Pro-10s so need to purchase a new one. Canon spares use to be available from CRC Tasktron Ltd but they have gone into liquidation. I phoned Canon support and have been told that they hope to appoint a new parts supplier in the "next week or two". If I take them at their word thats on or before the 20th Feb 2024.

The print head is part number QY6-0085 and is still used in the Prograf 300 so is still being manufactured. Searching elsewhere while ignoring sites such as ebay and similar I have found the UK site : https://www.printerspareparts.co.uk/pages/about-us-1 . The site is owned by Micro Communications (Leeds) Ltd and the company address is in Cornwall. They claim to only supply genuine Canon parts. I wonder if anyone on this forum has any experience of buying from them, as I don't want to spend a lot of money for refurbished or similar?

best wishes

Simon

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I can't tell you anything about printerspareparts, but there wasn't any problem getting printheads for the Pro10/100/200/300 until some time ago. Then Tasktron was 'kaput' while the printheads for these printers went out of stock ( and have been so for months ) on the websites of two reliable vendors that I know in continental Europe (E-parts in France and C1-supplies in Germany).
).

Simon Knight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for the information. I think I will wait and see if Canon manage to appoint a new spares supplier in the next few weeks. Otherwise I'll have to start looking for a replacement printer.

best wishes

S

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I think I will wait and see if Canon manage to appoint a new spares supplier in the next few weeks
If you can’t get a new head from a Distributor in the coming weeks, then PM me because I’ve got one spare for sale..
Gone !

Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
So... just wondering... Has a replacement parts supplier been appointed for the UK?

Simon Knight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
So... just wondering... Has a replacement parts supplier been appointed for the UK?
Your post prompted me to phone Canon. I was told that it was not possible to buy a new print head but that someone from the relevant department will contact me. So the answer is looking like no.

S

Simon Knight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon replied saying send the printer in for service, I responded that I just wanted a new print head and had been told that a new supplier was being appointed. Here is the latest email from Canon:

"
Dear Knight,

Thank you for your request and for contacting Canon.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately we do not have a supplier in place yet, also this type of error code, although it indicates a print head error this can also be attributed to the main board of the printer, so ideally the printer does need to come in for a print head replacement and to check the main board at the same time.

Yours sincerely,

"
I say thank you to The Hat and blow raspberries at Canon. For the record my printer is printing fine with its replacement head.