Canon Pro-100 For $99....?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hey Guy if you hang in there Websnail may have some good news on that front for you shortly.
He reckons he’s found a place that is going to play ball for Christmas with some big discounts
on the Pro 100.

Unfortunately you’ll just have to wait till he has checked it out and reports back,
hopefully with some good news.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hey Guy if you hang in there Websnail may have some good news on that front for you shortly.
He reckons he’s found a place that is going to play ball for Christmas with some big discounts
on the Pro 100.
Oh [expletive]!!...

Sorry to say this guys, I think they must have got the price wrong or something because, while they've honoured my order they've whacked the price back to the same level as everyone else.

Blast, curses, and similar... :(

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
It is now possible to get the Pro-100 with pro-luster paper for only $70.08 from Amazon.com! BUT, you have to be carefull with what is actually placed in you cart, as they both must be sold by Amazon, NOT a third party..I placed the order, to good to pass up! Of course, youy must use the $300 rebate card, which can be a hassle at times.....
PRO-100.jpg

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
OK, now that I have a PRO-100 underway, what else do I need to purchase and know to permit refilling?

A resetter?

Can I top fill (like I'm used to)?

Recommended inksets?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Sorry to say this guys, I think they must have got the price wrong or something because, while they've honoured my order they've whacked the price back to the same level as everyone else.

It could be you'll get something else than a printer, I just locally got a good deal 50% cheaper than usual on L800. But I don't think it'll be just as easy as expecting to really get it. That's because goods are sold by bar codes, item codes etc. not actual names, so it means shipping is exactly the same.

It reminds me how i got 3 times wrong IR-USB converter from elfa.se for my DMM. Somebody mixed the codes and I ordered correct item but 3 times got the wrong item.

Get the documents ready (I think it's called "a claim") for the seller to ask to ship what you paid for instead of what they shipped you.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
OK, now that I have a PRO-100 underway, what else do I need to purchase and know to permit refilling?

A resetter?

Can I top fill (like I'm used to)?

Recommended inksets?
Precision Colors has the inkset, resetter and ICC profiles! http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42.html.

Mikling is looking to source the cartridges. In the meantime, CLI-8' will do as long as you swap chips.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It is now possible to get the Pro-100 with pro-luster paper for only $70.08 from Amazon.com! BUT, you have to be carefull with what is actually placed in you cart, as they both must be sold by Amazon, NOT a third party..I placed the order, to good to pass up! Of course, youy must use the $300 rebate card, which can be a hassle at times.....View attachment 150
Nice find! Please include link with these sorts of posts so members can check out the deal! :thumbsup

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=dealnewscom&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=dealnewscom&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/khopkark/Amazonpro_100_dec._V356485081_.pdf

MAKE SURE BOTH THE PRINTER AND PAPER ARE SOLD BY AMAZON AFTER YOU ADD THEM TO YOUR CART! I had problems with the vendor being switched to someone else for the printer, in which case the REBATE WON'T APPLY! I had to go into the "more buying choices" and check the AMAZON.COM seller to make it work!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Precision Colors has the inkset, resetter and ICC profiles! http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42.html.

Mikling is looking to source the cartridges. In the meantime, CLI-8' will do as long as you swap chips.
Thanx! Since I have to buy $30 worth of ink carts every 180 days from staples to get $120 in "rewards", I'll just buy a new set (two colors at a time) from Staples every 6 months until I get a full set of spares.

BTW, I see the printer comes with "set-up" carts..are they hobbled someway? Not fully filled, or with a smaller volume tank?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Pro100.jpg
This is the UK Amazon price. It makes me wonder what the economics of the transactions are. It cannot be monetary exchange values, at least I can't see where the benefits are, they would get more dollars if they didn't discount. Is it over production, with Canon desperate to convert excess product holdings into cash? No it can't be otherwise it would be worldwide. Did someone accidentlly add a "0" to the stock order requirements for the USA and they have no where to put them? :)