Canon Pixma iP4760 disappointments. Prints are too red, mirror image

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good day all!

I've been using Canon Pixma iP4760 with CIS installed for less than 3 months. My problem is that the results are very disappointing...

Problem #1: Prints are too red
It's all too red especially printing people. The best adjustment I did so far is to set manually the Color/Intensity to C: +15, M: 0, Y: -20, Brightness: Normal, Intensity: +5, Contrast: +20. But still it's still too red. If I print the same file using my Epson T10 also installed with CIS, the faces are very vibrant and the colors are natural. I've been trying out so many settings already but I still can't get the colors I want. What do I do? Please help. I'm also thinking of replacing the CIS with another brand coz I'm guessing that my current provider's ink is not good.

Problem #2: Mirror-image printing
Sure you can do mirror-image printing... by changing the Media type to T-Shirt transfer.. but what sucks is it also changes the color. If I compare with Epson's Mirror Image printing, Epson prints as is without changing the colors... with Canon, the colors are very different. Is there something I'm missing here? Please help.

good god, canon sucks so much... i'm very disappointed with this purchase. If I can't find a solution, I am not touching a canon printer ever again.

TIA

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
It sounds more like your CIS and inks suck!!! The bad inkset is the main source of your problems.

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
RMM: I tend to agree. I will try to switch providers and see how it goes.
Also, as I have read when browsing this forum, most CIS are not compatible with Canon. OEM inks and refilling are more advisable. I will try that too.

Thanks!