Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
samurusawyer said:
How do I Refill a PIXMA iP3600?

* 1 Press the printer's "Power" button to turn it on. Fold down the output paper tray.

* 2 Open the printer's top cover. Wait for the cartridge assembly to stop in the center of the printer.

* 3 Replace the cartridge with the flashing or non-illuminated light. Press on the tab at the front of the cartridge, then lift it out of its slot.

* 4 Remove the new cartridge from its packaging. Twist the orange cap off the bottom of the cartridge and discard the cap.

* 5 Insert the front bottom edge of the cartridge first, then press down until the tab clicks into place. Ensure the cartridge's light illuminates.

* 6 Close the printer's top cover. Wait as the printer calibrates the new cartridge before trying to process any print jobs.
So I understand you have an inkflow problem with your ip3600... My sugestion: after removing the orange cap remove the little tape on top front of the cartridge to expose the air vent.

PhilC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys, newbie and first post in response to the question of ink for this 1pl printer.

I ve been using a ip3600 for almost 3yrs, probably done 1000+ A4 prints, using a Ciss from FotoRite obtained from eBay.co.uk and also their inks with no problems, no clogs even after a few weeks no use and I m living in Spain now where the temp is almost 40C the last couple of weeks as it always is in summer.

I did a lot of test prints when I first got the CISS on about 15 different papers and the ink was as good as Canons own ink as far as I can see. I also have some prints that are well over 2yrs old that show no noticable sign of fading that have been hanging in my den ( framed and behind glass ). The Fotorite ink is more expensive than some but in my experience good quality.

I also normally print on Lidl glossy supermarket paper which actually is resin coated 280gms Sihl quality stuff and is very very cheap. Again this is as a result of my initial testing where it seemed as good to my eyes as Canons own, and top end Ilford,HP, Kodak and Fuji.