Canon PG40 & CL41

Stevejul

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi there, first time I've been on so please be patient! It's no doubt been asked before but I have E1 & E5 codes when refilling the above. Any solutions? Thanks, Steve.

sllowmail

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Try this. I don't know whether it works or not. Download IPTOOL Canon from the net. It may reset your carts.

Stevejul

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks, can't get it to run :(

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Ok........it is probably the colour cartridge, this printer will not accept refilled or re-manufactured colour cartridges, the black refills/reman. work ok.

Is this your first refill for this printer? Could try holding the stop/reset button for 10-20 sec. if this doesn't work, then the above applies.

Stevejul

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
No I refill cartridges for resale. At one time they were fine, then these codes started appearing. Since which time I've had a rubbish 10% success, and not much better with ones I buy in.

Anyone having problems with Samsung M41's also? Says " Used cartridge installed" and refuses to print. Any ideas?

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Are you saying the refills worked fine in this printer before? No errors? But now refills don't work, and you are having the same issue with "new" OEM cartridges in this printer as well?

Stevejul

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
OK the refills used to work fine, then E1 & E5 started. Since then I have bought in refills, to resell, but the same problems have arisen. Is it worth persevering, is there a reset code? Customers are losing faith, as you can imagine! Is the MP190 the best printer for testing?

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Mmmmmmm..........there are some problems lately with the new CL-41 colour cartridges, remanufacturers are having more electronic issues with these newer cartridges. The older cartridges(2008/9) and older, seem to be more durable. We are thinking Canon has changed the electronics, to make them more sensitive, and they don't last. It seems to be just the colour everyone is complaining about, black seems to carry on as it has. I have issues with a few clients printers not taking the colour at all, they buy OEM colour and have their black refilled, so far this is happening on the IP1600 and IP1800. Recently another client who has been getting both refilled for the last 2 years with no issues, now has issue with refilled colour cartridges, same as I mentioned previously, and he uses an MP210. Also I've noticed a shortage for remanufactured Colour 41/51 lately, this may be the reason (the newer carts. are faulty) and the older one are getting scarce.