Canon MX882 Feature questions

markg2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
There are a couple of features that install with this printer and I frankly cannot get a straight answer from Canon as to what is exactly their function.

1. Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX: I've clicked on the thing and don't see right off what it wants to do?

2. Easy photoPrint EX: this is supposed to make printing from the web better/easier/whatever?

Anyone have familiarity with these additional services?

Mark

IanYY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
#2.
Canon Easy Photo Print EX is an easy to use application for printing photos stored on your PC, or printing directly from your camera card if it is attached to the PC. It has nothing to do with web printing (there is another application "Canon Easy Web Print" for printing web pages, but note that this doesn't work with Internet Explorer 9).

E.P.P. is very good for printing standard sized Canon photo papers (eg 4" x 6" photo paper) or printing multiple copies on larger sheets (eg 20 or 80 thumbnails on an A4 sheet). Bordered and unbordered prints are easy to choose.

It has minimal photo editing capability (not much more than red-eye reduction).

It is very good at zooming part of an image to fill a photo print (eg zooming on a face to eliminate unnecessary background).

Overall, it is my favourite application for printing any photos which do not require additional re-touching.

Ian

markg2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the info--

Mark