Canon MP830 - How to clean the ink well deep right inside???

macattak1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Greetings,

1- I have an MP830 and have really enjoyed it. I have refilled each cart maybe 2 times each. However, I appear to have a bit of ink in the cleaning area inside and to the right sponge area? How do I clean this? Or do I just let it dry?

I am getting some random ink spots on printed paper as of today's post C & M refill. It is C that is bleeding. I checked the Ink Cart and it had some bleed from the plugged refill spot on top, but not much at all. I also pulled the C cart out and looked in the well that it transfers into and that is clean, just a little bit of ink.

2- Also, I am having a real problem getting this printer head to align. And too often when I refill, it gets way out of wack! Any suggestions on how to fix this, what I am doing wrong, your experiences? To be honest, I really don't understand the print head aligning process very well. I am a decent techy, but this area has always been my Severe weak point...

3- Finally, as it comes close to replacing this printer I am looking for suggestions.

I have been using Hobbi colors for refills on my Canon and been happy. Does not look like I can use these inks in Epsons as it is Bubblejet ink and not for Piezojets.

Here is what I need:
Easy and good record for cart refilability
Multifunction
Color
High qual photo, but does not have to be the very very best.
High qaul text
decent sized paper tray

Would like:
Ability to hold photo stock in different trays like my Canon does. Maybe they all do it now...
Easy double sided printing

I will take speed over quality. Speed is not that important.

Thanks for all your time!
Peace and Blessings

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
macattak1 said:
I appear to have a bit of ink in the cleaning area inside and to the right sponge area? How do I clean this? Or do I just let it dry?
You really do not need to clean this area. It will just get ink all over it again because it is cleaning residual ink off the bottom of the print head. But if you want to clean it, squirt some Windex or other window cleaner or just plain water from a syringe onto the residual ink and use a lot of cotton swabs to dab it up.
macattak1 said:
I am getting some random ink spots on printed paper as of today's post C & M refill. It is C that is bleeding. I checked the Ink Cart and it had some bleed from the plugged refill spot on top, but not much at all. I also pulled the C cart out and looked in the well that it transfers into and that is clean, just a little bit of ink.
How does the ink get from the "plugged refill spot on top" to show up as "random ink spots on printed paper"? Is the "well that it transfers into" the small circular screen port on the top of the print head?
macattak1 said:
2- Also, I am having a real problem getting this printer head to align. And too often when I refill, it gets way out of wack! Any suggestions on how to fix this, what I am doing wrong, your experiences? To be honest, I really don't understand the print head aligning process very well. I am a decent techy, but this area has always been my Severe weak point...?
There are several sets of nozzles for each color and drop size in the print head. These sets are physically in different places on the print head. One set is used when the print head is moving in one direction and the other set is used in the other direction. The purpose of alignment is to set the timing so that the printer can place drops in the correct position for bi-directional printing. See this post and the posts after it for more information about alignment.
macattak1 said:
3- Finally, as it comes close to replacing this printer I am looking for suggestions.

I have been using Hobbi colors for refills on my Canon and been happy. Does not look like I can use these inks in Epsons as it is Bubblejet ink and not for Piezojets.
You should not use Canon ink in an Epson printer as they use different technology.
macattak1 said:
Here is what I need:
Easy and good record for cart refilability
Multifunction
Color
High qual photo, but does not have to be the very very best.
High qaul text
decent sized paper tray

Would like:
Ability to hold photo stock in different trays like my Canon does. Maybe they all do it now...
Easy double sided printing

I will take speed over quality. Speed is not that important.

Thanks for all your time!
Peace and Blessings
The newer Canon printers have cartridges that are very difficult to refill. I'm still promoting the older printers that do not have chips in the cartridges as being the best built, easiest to refill, but not necessarily the fastest or having the most features. In your case I would look for a used MP780.