Canon Ix6520 Color Cast Problem

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
How do i clean my waste pad? Is it possible to just remove the waste pad and clean or just pour water on the waste pad and let it drip off which seems very risky?

8500_ix6520_wastepad.jpg

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I get ink stains at the beginning of the printed paper. I may uphold it tomorrow the image of the printed image. I changed the printhead from the ix6520 to an mg5220 and the prints were clear so i suspect the waste pad in the ix6520 printer

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
emmaachile said:
I get ink stains at the beginning of the printed paper. I may uphold it tomorrow the image of the printed image. I changed the printhead from the ix6520 to an mg5220 and the prints were clear so i suspect the waste pad in the ix6520 printer
The little piece of foam that youre referring is not your waste pads at all but
is only there to collect waste ink from over spray when printing borderless photos.

It is easily removed using a small screwdriver if necessary then cleaned and put back in place while the printer is still unplugged.
But that wont solve the problem youre having with ink smears on the rear of your paper.

Youll need to run a bottom Plate Cleaning routine in your Maintenance Tab.

If you follow the instructions carefully that will fix your problem,
you may need to do the procedure more than once depending on how much ink that has built up.

The printer waste pads are located at the very bottom on the printer on the inside and are not easily accessible
and are generally not need to be cleaned for a very long time..

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I actually solved the problem by removing the printhead and washing it thoroughly with tap water. I found out that 3 of catridges were full of foam and i had to purge out the air from them. The bottom refill hole (german method) used to inject ink into the printer was a little soaked with ink around the hole. I may have to be sealing the refill hole from now on. May be sign of weak catridge or so or too much ink in the cartridge.
Thank you