Canon iP4760 No Power after paper jam

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good day!

my 4760 suddenly stopped and powered off after paper jam... and now it doesn't turn on at all. I tried unplugging/plugging the power cable but still no power.
Has anyone experienced this? What's up with this?

It really sucks and Canon service centers are closed on the weekends. Need help ASAP. :(

Thanks.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Bummer ....

* Were you able to get the paper jam cleared?

* Perhaps obvious question ... after plugging in the power cable, did you press the on/off button on the printer itself? As ghwellsjr has mentioned in other posts, that would be like making sure the car has gas when it won't start.

* Any chance a fuse blew? House or printer itself? Did you try other outlets? I don't know if Canon printers have fuses (or equivalent), but if so, that would explain a lot.

* Anything else change?

* There is an online service manual for iP4000 that might have some helpful info ... such as if there is a fuse.

* Did you go through the trouble-shooting guide for that printer?

* There are some forum members who are extremely familiar with Canon printers, but this forum is mainly concerned with refilling. You might try other websites that have a closer orientation of fixing inkjet printer problems ... perhaps damnprinter.com? I've noticed other websites mentioned, but none that I'm familiar with (and really not familiar with damnprinter.com).

HTH

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, l_d_allan.

I sure hope that there is fuse here somewhere.

As to what happened, I was just printing normally. The paper jammed, the printer head jammed as well then it just turned off.
I pulled the jammed paper out, via the bypass tray since it was where the paper was fed and the only way to get the paper out.
Then I tried turning it on... then nothing.

Oh and I called an authorized service center a while ago and they said the damage might be either the main board or the power supply... sucks big time.
I have to take it there and wait 2 weeks... worst case scenario, 2 months... damn!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You might try calling Canon directly, especially if the printer is still in warranty. Sometimes they will send a replacement printer to you with postage paid to return your old one.

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@ghwellsjr: my warranty is voided. warranty is void once converted to CISS... :D

I just hope it doesn't take 2months+ for them to repair this, just like my experience when the Idler Pulley Assy of this same printer broke... had to wait for parts... damn.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
razorboybaboy warranty is void once converted to CISS...
Just because youre using a CISS doesnt void a warranty at all.
Canons dont know that and how would they.
ghwellsjr is right on, just give them a ring you have nothing to lose.. :)

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
well, I told them. and even if I don't tell them, they said they still will know if I used a ciss.

anyway, i just got back from the service center... the head is busted. the jam clipped the edge of the head causing it to "peel off". the technician said this caused a short circuit and damaged the main board. power supply is ok.

well, that's it. goodbye 4760.

they offered me a trade-in for iP4870. 4760 is already phased-out. I think I'll take that. :)

with that, any good reviews for iP4870?

thanks a lot y'all for your replies it is a big help.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Trade-in? Does that mean you get to buy it at a discounted price or is it free?

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just discounted. But it's not that much coz the mainboard and the printhead are busted... but it reduced the price even just for a little bit.
But maybe if it's not badly beat and I decided to upgrade, maybe I'll get a bigger discount. Maybe 20 to 30%?