Canon ip4700 Magenta Problem

IanYY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
IanYY said:
Grandad35 said:
... debris at the nozzle exit ...
I think this might be worth a gamble ...
Well ... I tried the vigorous rub with a Windex-soaked cloth and this is what I got ...

MagentaStripes4.gif

It's a bit different - the overall effect is worse!

The top few lines of the magenta bar are still hardly visible, and the bottom few lines are now missing completely. The offset to the right is worse on the magenta bar, and the letter M and the Black Bar both show much worse magenta staining. The letter M shows the magenta raised above and to the right of the other colours making up the black letter.

BTW I didn't mentioned this previously, but the Light Magenta bar and the Very Light Magenta bar were (and are) perfect on the nozzle check - as are all the other colours.

It's time to stop playing with this and just accept it.

Ian

sbrads

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
iP4700
What used to get my many refilled trashed HP printhead+3 ink cartridges going again was dunking the head nozzle area in a pool of boiling hot water for 5 minutes, then blowing ink out (i.e. lips over top holes) of the nozzles, dabbing with tissue paper and put back in the printer with a cleaning cycle. Whether any of this is practical with a Canon head, dunno as I haven't had any problems with my iP4700.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
sbrads said:
What used to get my many refilled trashed HP printhead+3 ink cartridges going again was dunking the head nozzle area in a pool of boiling hot water for 5 minutes, then blowing ink out (i.e. lips over top holes) of the nozzles, dabbing with tissue paper and put back in the printer with a cleaning cycle. Whether any of this is practical with a Canon head, dunno as I haven't had any problems with my iP4700.
The boiling water trick has been mentioned on here before as a cure for clogged print heads,
and I will have to go along with it because it would most certainly clear all the blocked nozzle big time.

However the print head would be of no further use to anyone because it would no longer function
as a print head any longer and wouldnt even make a good paper weight either.

So if ever your own 4700 print head gets clogged I hope you never try that on it,
well not before buying a new one first because theres no quicker way to kill a Canon print head than that.. :(

arkpr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys... I had the exact same problem with my HP Officejet 6000 Printer (Magenta ink). Later the Printhead died, I bought a new one and surprisingly the same problem, with the very same ink and that too on the very first day of my new printhead...
After that I turned suspicious about the non-oem ink that I was using. I replaced the non-oem magenta with another non-oem Lyson Ink. Amazingly the problem was solved. The magenta was printing crisp and clear. But later on the magenta nozzles clogged... I think that was because I Mixed two different brands of ink. But the point is ... The moment I changed the ink, the problem was solved. Just wanted to share some experience...