Canon iP4600: refilled cartridges stop working

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now that we can see the damage its obvious that the print head has had it, unrecoverable.
I do hope youll be happy with your new printers, therere not as good as the 4600 but with two they should last just as long.

Anytime in the future that you see any problems with your output (Poor print) it would be best to stop
all your printing till you can get the problem resolved, nozzle checks are essential and acceptable to that rule..:)

Lestrad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4950
Hell, I was hoping you'd say I'll LOVE the iP4950! ;O) It's hard to imagine it being any less cheesily built than its predecessors, I suppose. But what are you less happy with, performance-wise?

I assume you agree that laying in a supply is a good idea? Maybe I should order a dozen or so while they're still available... (I'm only half joking. When I bought the iP4600 the iP4500 was only 6 months old, as I recall, and the only difference was that the iP4600 had a smaller cartridge capacity. I searched high and low for an iP4500, but they were impossible to find. It was as if Canon had been able to throw a switch and cause all the remaining units in stock to self-destruct. So I bought the 4600, but swore I'd never buy another cartridge from Canon, and I'm happy to say I was able to keep that oath.) And I have to say I've been happy with it - once I'd learned to go take a nap after launching a single-page print job...

Thanks yet again!
Les

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you can afford to get a dozen then get them because the latest new Canon printers
are a nightmare to refill and the build quality is nowhere as good as the older models.

Your love/hate of Canon maybe your down fall because the only way to get the best out of your printer is to Refill OEM cartridges,
they are simply the best, compatibles cartridges cant cope with repeated refilling despite what they claim..

Lestrad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4950
The Hat said:
If you can afford to get a dozen then get them because the latest new Canon printers
are a nightmare to refill and the build quality is nowhere as good as the older models.
Well the printers just arrived - and they're the iP7250 model. They made the change without notifying me. I called immediately and demanded they take them back. But something tells me I'm going to have trouble finding the iP4950...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If I were you Id tell them to stick them up their rear end because they are not what you ordered
originally and get a full refund, its your right.

There are other outlets that have stocks of the 4950 so keep on looking
and dont settle for second best, it has to be a printer that takes the 525 cartridge..

Lestrad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4950
The Hat said:
If I were you Id tell them to stick them up their rear end because they are not what you ordered
originally and get a full refund, its your right.
Don't worry, I told them - in two languages. Meanwhile I found another presumably reputable site that claims the'yre in stock, whereas a week ago they weren't. I ordered two. We'll see. If the other guys can find two and send them to avoid reimbursing me, I may well end up with four of the things. Good thing I know where I can sell them ;O).