Canon Cd Print Printer Printing Tray E - Pixma - Pro 9000

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Has anyone used one of these trays with a US version with there Pro 9000 MKII?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-CD-Pr...239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a78da7a47

My understanding is they only work with European versions. Would a firmware update be needed?

I had one which I purchased from a Canadian Retailer (Henry`s) over 3 years ago. I was not aware it was not standard until recently. There is a slot in the front to insert the CD tray.

I never changed the fIrmware, so cannot comment.

I used the standard Canon driver from the US site with a CD Print utility. Made great CD prints, and very easy to use.

Roy Sletcher

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you cannot find and download the "CD-enabler" program you can use one of the Canon service tools instead. You need to change the region of the printer to Europe and download a European driver for instance from Canon UK.

No new firmware is necessary. If the printer uses the newer regionalized cartridge series, the region change will not change the cartridges needed. The region change seems only to unlock CD printing and determine which driver should be used.

You can read more about the service tools in this (lengthy) thread: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-service-tool-v2000.6615/

You can read more about the CD enabler here: http://club.myce.com/f123/cd-print-enabler-newer-u-s-canon-printers-308181/

I was also going to search for "Damn Printer" site, that was dedicated to enabling CD printing on Canon US model printers, by using the "Wayback machine", but stratman was quicker than I.

Last edited:

bobh665

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 9000 MKII, Pro-100
Stratman - thanks for the link to the archive. It has the whole procedure.
PeterBJ -Thanks for the service tool link. I think it was page 9 before I found a link that worked for the service tool. haha. Ill let you know how I make out.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Bob -- YW. Let us know how it works out.

You can read more about the CD enabler here: http://club.myce.com/f123/cd-print-enabler-newer-u-s-canon-printers-308181/

I was also going to search for "Damn Printer" site, that was dedicated to enabling CD printing on Canon US model printers, by using the "Wayback machine", but stratman was quicker than I.
Call me Quick Draw McStratman. :woot

The CD Print tool download is also in the link I provided to OP.

Happy New Year, Peter! :D

For those that remember...
QuickDrawMcGraw.jpg

bobh665

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 9000 MKII, Pro-100
Thanks for the help guys. I now have the CD Print Toll and Canon Service Tool v3200 if anyone needs them.
Happy New Year!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi bobh665

Thanks for the info about the non working links, links sadly don't last forever. I'll search for some new links and if I find them I will update the first post in the service tool thread. It seems you will now have to sign up with rapidshare before downloading files from them.

The service tools are powerful tools, that can cause damage if not used properly, so feel free to ask about the tools and service mode before use.

I think the CD enabler is a cut down version of one of the service tools, with only the necessary function to the region change and info printing, thus minimizing the risk of causing damage to the printer by unwanted resets or other.