Canon 7D Mk II

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now let’s see how many take up the challenge to turn this little guy into a prince.:D

:bow Hats off..

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
How is this?
"Robin by torchlight":)....:eek:?
Young Robin 2.jpg

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Re posting my version, something went awry and the image was only displaying 50% and there was a thumbnail included????

Young Robin.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ah gees, that’s much better @3dogs, a pity the border wasn’t red dough, I’ve never sent a sympathy card with a flaming robin on it before.. :D

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I am in hopes that folks take a close look at these images, there is a lot to be learned from them. In particular look at the robins' charactre as expressed by its head. In one it is passive but alert conveyed by even cotextural lighting. Then look at the dark image I made....by increasing the emphasis on the eye and manipulating shading I believe I have transformed the expression into one of wary surprise a precursor to taking flight, or even outright curiosity. By lighting I have given the robin a much more erect stance......compare that with the original, where it appears to be more settled.

I was intrigued by the difficulty I had subduing the impact of that foliage........its really intrusive pervasive.....

The original was a happy snap in a way, but strong at the same time. The inherant potential of that one image is huge, there is still much more in this, remembering that processing engine is Lightroom.......

Last edited: