Canon 7D Mk II

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
1/400 f4.0 ISO320 55mm (EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS)
10/03/2010 15:05:08 CR2 EOS 7D Mk 1
Through the glass from armchair!

You were not quite right!:) Cheap and cheerful. Plus LR 6 magic, & PaintShopPro for lettering.

I think we need a photographic section in PK. Call it Photo Knowledge?

Well I guess thats to be expected, most of the images I get around to showing are older too. Silly really as there is some ok new stuff there too.
Just made an image that required some props......found heaps I'd forgotten

Have you actually put a lens on that new camera or is it still in the box??

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I am spending my time familiarising with LR 6.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I am spending my time familiarising with LR 6.

Ok! Sounds reasonable, even based on the timeline between getting the camera and the arrival of LR6.

Though seriously it does chew up time getting the LR organised. Getting comfortable navigating and setting up the initial catalogue.
Getting that right is just SO IMPORTANT. My first version was done without enough planning and thought. I got very specific with the headers so that there were far too many main groups. Once I reorganised and developed "Places" and got myself clear thinking on exactly what that meant to me the whole process fell into some order.
Example: I had things that took place in the City of Melbourne in there rather than putting it in "EVENTS" so I had the Anzac Day march through the City as a place -Melbourne, rather than as an EVENT Sub-header Anzac Day then Sub-header 2015 etc.
Once i quit being a spaghetti brain it all got a whole lot simpler.
I bracket shoot a lot so i have say four frames of the same image so later i can select the sharpest/ best composed.....the process of selection and elimination is very tedious for me, I tend to hoard. Next comes the HDR and Panorama sets I have still after all these years got a 100% simple process for identifying them after download.
Where it gets REAL messy is doing a HDR Panorama....because once framed you must shoot the 3 exposures BEFORE reframing the next. Sifting 52 frames can lead to cofusion about just what belongs with what BECAUSE Canon or LR will, and does frquently scramble images out of strict shooting order in my experience that is thr rule rather than the exception!!!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I have not tried to organise anything yet, just let LR search the computer and find about 2700 images in one lump! I find I can scan the Library fairly quickly for any image, in fact I am finding images I had forgotten about. Quite whether I will be able, or want, to re-organise them I don't yet know. I had some fun using the face recognition facility and it was surprising how good and quick that was and the odd few where LR saw a face in non facial images.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I have not tried to organise anything yet, just let LR search the computer and find about 2700 images in one lump! I find I can scan the Library fairly quickly for any image, in fact I am finding images I had forgotten about. Quite whether I will be able, or want, to re-organise them I don't yet know. I had some fun using the face recognition facility and it was surprising how good and quick that was and the odd few where LR saw a face in non facial images.

SO!! a putterer offerer are you.........the day WILL come :old and you will pay and pay and PAY, I know I did:bow

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Just down to ignorance!:idunno

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am surprised with all the fancy camera equipment you got @Emulator that you haven’t decided to get yourself a pigment printer yet and print out these lovely photos you got, it’s got to be that final step to longevity.. :rolleyes:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Well I looked at the discounted 3880 prices and the idea had crossed my mind, particularly because @3dogs has one, but then again I thought have you anywhere to put it, how often would you use it, would anyone miss any of your photos, is it much better than the 9000II for the printing you are doing, etc etc????? -------and I could not convince myself on any of the counts.:old

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Well I suppose either 3dogs or myself could always pass on our pigment printer to you when the Grim Reaper makes an appearance at our door. grimiss.PNG :fl :love :celebrate

O’ but then she may have made an unexpected call to your post code and then both printer would end up been dumped in the recycle bin.. :( :hit

We are talking about longevity here it’s better to be prepare than trying to do a reprint from beyond using Wi–Fi.. :gig:lol:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@The Hat, I think you have hit on something here, how about setting up a heavenly web site (or the other place, might be more money in it), where everyone could email the departed? For a transmission fee! Of course you might get arrested!:th