Can not print service test page on canon pixma mp830

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
from the service manual:

With printer off, press and hold reset button down. keeping it down press and hold power button down.

When copy lights green, not blinking, release reset button, keeping power button depressed.

Then press reset button twice, releasing both buttons.

My screen then says canon.

Then I press reset button once to print test sheet.

It feeds a sheet in, then just stares at me.

I don't know what I did in one try of sequences, but it suddenly printed some kind of nozzle check.

But I want to know if its diaper is getting full, number of sheets printed, etc.

Thanks.

p.s. it functions ok, copied a magazine cover in color fine.

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Peter,

:xx
I had posted that I had figured it out. (see the edited by... at 8PMish?) but for some reason I must have blown away my solution when trying to put [solved] in my subject line, which I couldn't.

I too was concerned if had pressed something wrong, but now know I was probablly safe as I figured out where that test print came from.

So how do I find my ink pad and sheets printed info?

Thanks for your reply.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The EEPROM information print will give you the information.

To get this print enter service mode by following the four steps on page 1-43 in the service manual. After the printer has entered service mode, select EEPROM information print by pressing the Stop/Resume button twice and execute the command by pressing the on/off button once.

After the print has completed you can leave service mode by pressing the on/off button once, or you could order a service test print with an extended nozzle test and other test items. To select the service test print press the Stop/Resume button once and execute the command bu pressing the on/off button once.

An explanation of the of the EEPROM info print is found on page 1-50. The info to look for is the D-value, D=xx.x, The D-valus is a percentage of used absorber capacity. D=0 means the absorber contains no ink and D=100 means the absorber is completely full. The TPAGE=yyyyy is the total number of printed pages.

For interpretation of the service test print see page 1-49

After you have finished service mode operations, switch the printer off by pressing the on/off button.

Be careful with the service mode operations, there is no undo function, so I recommend only getting the two test prints and avoid other service mode operations unless necessary.

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,

I had printed the eeprom sheet, but did not know how to read it.
I believe it even printed in red the tampon level of something like 39.

I was away from this project in order tpo get another thrift shop machine running.

I just got anEpson Artisan 835, put in inkjetcart.us dampers, and it runs as though a brsnd new machine. Chucking my HP c309a headache soon.

I just hope the above machines don't fight me on my PCLinuxOS boxes