Best place to buy cartridges for Canon MX860

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
d1hamby

Filling from the top or the German method has nothing to do with chip reset or ink monitor. There is a resetter for the PGI-200 now and you can get it in Germany. Or you could have a look at pharmacist's review
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4898
I don't believe that Pharmacist's review is for the MX860 cartridges. How does the printer MX860 monitor the ink levels when you use the German method to refill?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
d1hamby

I can't stand to use the German method since you can't reset the chip and monitor the ink levels. Maybe when somebody has a viable chip setter review for the PGI-220 and the CLI-221 cartridges I'll try the German method again.
I didnt say that pharmacist's review was for the MX860. It was in response to your statement above that I post the review. IF you want one for theMX860 try the blue resetter cheers.. :)

tygger

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Why are you so eager to go with non OEM cartridges? They are never as good as OEM. You have the perfect cartridges right in your printer. If you refill those cartridges as soon as they register low, you can keep them working for a long time. Refilling with the German method and using a chip resetter will take only a couple minutes once you get the hang of it.

The two most recommended ink suppliers for your cartridges in the USA are Hobbicolors and Precision Colors. Now is the time for you to get your supplies and learn how to re-ink your OEM cartridges. You don't need any extra cartridges.
Does Hobbicolors have anything for Epson printers? I tried clicking on the link, but it didn't take me to an Epson page. They sell both the cartridge and ink right?

The precisioncolor site isn't too user friendly for the ink refill newbie. They only sell ink that you use with your current cartridge right?

I just bought a Epson Workforce 310 on sale, and it uses T039 cartridges. On precision color's site, there's no compatible black ink listed. Could I just use a different number since it's going into the oem cartridge?

Thanks

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi
I just wanted to drop and let everyone know last night we got in our long awaited shipment of cli-221 resetters. Finally we have a resetter for the cli-221 /pgi-220 series chips that won't break the bank.

As we have always done with forum members, we continue to give a discount. Regular price for these is $32, they have a removable base, a lithium CR2032 battery, and come with our 6 month replacement warranty.

All inkjet forum members can get one for $28 including shipping to any usa address. Just email us directly and put
"INKJET FORUM - cli-221 resetter offer"
in the subject line. our email address is: inkjetreset @ gmail.com (just put it all together to email)

These are made by the same folks who make our cli-8 resetters, which have proven very reliable.
you can see a picture at this link:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=189330&l=deb067a93c&id=100000525106243

Thanks as always to the best place for answers for Canon inkjets

TTR

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
As a first post, I would like to thank all the many contributors to this forum who have helped our family enjoy our Cannon printers over the years without worrying about the astronomical cost of the OEM ink.

I would especially like to thank like to thank Michele for sending the new (and affordable) resetter for the cli-221 carts. It came in 2 daysjust in time to reset and install the first refilled carts into our ip4700 (replacement for our well-used, 5-year old ip3000 which died an electronic death a couple of months ago).

Thanks!

jackhookss

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There are many good websites that provides the quality cartridges for the Canon models at a adequate price. So select the best option suitable for you and get it.