Another Pro9000 II Problem - Getting Progressively worse

Robert Smith

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi all,

Been through all the helpful advice on unclogging print heads, and tried pretty much everything - 99% isopropanol, Windex, hot distilled water, syringe sucking and blowing, even took off the nozzle piece be removing the screws and tilting the assembly back to give clear passage through the channels. Still have faint and scratchy looking cyan, and mostly missing magenta. I've checked the nozzles and syringed them out, I've removed the rubber gasket and cleaned that, I've used 3/16" vinyl tubing to test flow (results looked good until I put it back together and into the printer), changed the magenta cartridge, still no joy.

But now I'm also getting error codes in flashing lights from the printer. I've had five flashes - defective or mussing print head; I've had eight flashes - ink absorber is almost full; I've had ten flashes - front tray not in the normal position. I could understand five, there's a risk of damaging the head; eight might be a result of the huge number of CMY deep cleans and the horde of nozzle checks; ten, just bizarre.

I'd find somewhere to get it serviced, but the closest place appears to be 100km+ away.

Anyone have similar experience? Anyone know of cheap source of reliable print heads?

Thanks for any advice.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I expect that the only service available is purchase of a new printhead. I've only taken one printhead apart. The surgery was successful but the patient died!