A fair deal on empty BCI carts

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
fotofreek said:
having an uneven mix of color of empty bci-carts isn't a problem as the printer doesn't recognize carts by a specific color like cli-8's or the other carts with chips. It is convenient to put the same color ink into a cart labeled with the same color, but it isn't a necessity as any cart can hold any color ink. Of course, the exception is the bci3e-bk that contains black pigmented ink.
If you do that, you spend a lot of time purging and cleaning the old ink out of the cartridges.
George - I've always purged the carts I've received from others that are all dried out before refilling. IS inks are so close in color that I've refilled my own OEM carts after the original ink is used up. As for refilling for others, you are absolutely right that you had better have the original label identifying the color to avoid an unhappy phone call!

What I didn't note in my previous post was that I clearly label a refilled cart if the ink is a different color from the OEM cart label

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
ghwellsjr said:
turbguy said:
ghwellsjr said:
Don't you also need some BCI-3eBK's? And it doesn't look like you're going to get too many magentas.
The seller will include 12 BCI-3eBK's for $12...but my i960 and i9900 don't use them.

Wayne
But your MP730 uses BCI-3eBk's, doesn't it?
Yep, but I got plenty o' empties on hand.

Wayne

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Holy... that's a LOT of empty cartridges! I need an empty once in a while and usually pay 2,50 per cartridge. Never had any idea such good deals were to be found on eBay.