ZEDONet RIP

finepics

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10
Just seen the above RIP and am wondering if this can be used to circumvent the margin restrictions that the Canon driver imposes on the Fine Art paper choices whilst maintaining a Fine Art media type?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Forget about RIP’s, they don’t work on Canon only Epson printers, if you want to profile on Fine Art paper then set the Media to Plain or Matte Photo paper depending on which black ink you prefer to use. (No margin restrictions)

The Fine art paper profile will turn out just as good, try it..

finepics

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10
Well this is my problem! I've just sold my Pro100, which I have to say is a superb machine, and am about to get the Pro10 because I print for fellow tog's here in Hong Kong and feel I need to have the archival longevity of pigment inks if I'm selling a service that can be backed up.

With the Pro100 having BK, LGY and GY inks I've been getting beautifully neutral B&W prints by printing in colour with a custom profile. Now the Pro10 is seen as being a 3 black ink machine but it's actually really only a 2 black ink machine (with MBK and PBK carts) so now it feels like I'm going to struggle to create proper FA profiles for it unless I do an inkcart swap (which I guess maybe the right thing to do). Have I made the right decision?

finepics

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10
Oh hang on - does the plain paper setting use the MBK ink?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Oh hang on - does the plain paper setting use the MBK ink?

Yes it does, MBK on plain paper and PBK on photo paper, or swap the cartridges round.

My suggestions were in regards to the stupid 3cm margins on fine art paper and how to over come it..

finepics

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10
The Hat - thanks so much. A member for less than a day and already have had my monies worth!!