XP-830 Driver Version 2.52.01 not installing correctly

MKing

New Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-830
I'm currently printing from my Windows 10 laptop to my wirelessly networked XP-830 running driver Version 2.52.00 without any difficulty. My XP-830 utility settings are set to search for automatic driver updates every 2 weeks. When the Software Updater tells me Version 2.52.01 is available for download, I ask it to install "now". The new driver version downloads without difficulty, but the installation fails with the following message:

"Epson Printer Utility Setup: Make sure the printer is connected to the computer, then turn the printer on and wait for confirmation."

I'm given two choices: Retry and Cancel.

If I hit "Retry", the installation begins again, but fails with the same message as above.

If I hit "Cancel", the installation ends with the inaccurate message: "Epson Software Updater: The installation was successful."

Note, however, that the installation is NOT successful as evidenced by: 1) the version number one finds under Printer Properties/Version Information; and 2) the fact that the next time the Software Updater runs--either automatically or because I tell it to do so manually--it tells me Version 2.52.01 is available for download.

I've tried: a) turning the printer off-and-on and waiting for confirmation that it's connected to the network, then retrying a download; b) removing the driver, then reinstalling it--which installs version 2.52.00--then seeking to update to version 2.52.01 again; and c) using a hardwire between my laptop and the printer. Nothing has worked to-date.

Is anyone else having, or has had, this problem? If so, has anyone figured out how to solve it?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I rather would deactivate any update attempts unless you have a specific functional problem which is fixed by such update, but that would be a rare situatio in my view.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Agree with Ink Stain Fingers - why update?

1) Only update a printer if it is to fix a problem or to add a functionality you must have.

2) Perform updates with a hard wire connection to avoid wireless complications that seem to occur much more frequently than when an update is done hard wired.

Continued difficulties in your scenario would include Epson has problems with their update, and, there are remnants of the update on your drive that complicate the update installation.

Have you tried downloading the update to your drive first and then trying the installation directly from the file on your drive? Make sure you are hard wired to the printer. Make sure the printer is completely uninstalled - ENTIRELY uninstalled including from Devices - then reboot and try the install.

Another potential solution is to boot to SAFE Mode (no networking) and then try the installation.

Once you are back working, turn OFF updating if possible.