WorkForce WF-7710 DWF prints b/w pictures in sepia

Rorede

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
WorkForce-WF-7710DWF
Good evening, I have a strange problem with my WorkForce-WF7710DWF. When I print a black and white photo on premium glossy paper (of course with the correct printer settings such as paper type and grayscale), the photo comes out in a kind of sepia color. If I change the setting to plain paper, the printer will print in black and white. Obviously the latter is not what I want because I expect that a print on premium glossy with the settings for it should give a better quality. Who knows this problem and knows how to solve it? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20210422_210044.jpg
    20210422_210044.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 148

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know Epson printers but Canon printers have some effect settings that can be selected in the driver. Sepia setting is one:

MP800 sepia.jpg

If the Epson has a similar capability, could you by accident have selected that?

Rorede

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
WorkForce-WF-7710DWF
I don't know Epson printers but Canon printers have some effect settings that can be selected in the driver. Sepia setting is one:

View attachment 12046

If the Epson has a similar capability, could you by accident have selected that?

Hi Peter! Thanks for your suggestion! My previous printer was an MP6150 and I think it also had a sepia filter on it, although I never used it.

On the WorkForce-WF7710DWF I don't see anywhere a option to print sepia. There is only one option and that is monochrome.

This morning I had contact with an Epson employee and went through all the print settings with her, but we could not find the cause. The photo as I posted it above has now been forwarded to Epson's technical department so that they can look at it and tell me exactly what is going wrong here. To be continued!