Words of appreciation by Rob Ludlow

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I hope Rob is not angry for me to post this mail he sent to me privately, but I want to thank him for this kind mail :):

------------------------
Hello my friend!

I am officially 100% converted to the German Method!

I thought Id pass along some very interesting info: A Google search for german refill method usually turns up your article as the first result!

I also wanted to thank you for your great wisdom and contributions to our printer community!

I wish you all the best,

Rob Ludlow

-------------------------

As one of the few independent nifty-stuff.com members NOT linked to any refill/ink cartridge shop, I hope many will appreciate my contributions to this fantastic refill website I joined a few years ago and from which I have learned myself alot. I hope to continue to produce interesting contributions in the future.

Many greetings from the country known for its chocolates, beer and waffles and which unfortunately still has no new administration......

rarebear

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I too appreciate all the great help here from people like you..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
GRRRRR I'm SO MAD!!!!
somad.gif

;)

We really are lucky to have so many smart, inventive, adventurous, and helpful members here! The pictures, videos, and information in pharmacist's German refill method, and many of the other wonderful threads posted by many of our great members are the reason why I started this forum!

I can't begin to express how fun it is to read the posts (especially the ones with images and videos) shared by the plethora of super smart people in this community!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
@stratman,

Well actually all the credits should go to Defcon2K, as you have mentioned. But somehow I am linked to the german durchstich refill method, because I think because of the pictures and instructions. Ghwellsjr did a good job with his video's for the german durchstich refill method.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
pharmacist:

Agreed. You and ghwells advanced the theme Defcon2k initiated. Good and "nifty" stuff.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, I don't know that I ever saw those early discussions. Did Defcon2k invent this method or was just the first to post it here. It would be interesting to know the history and origins of the "German Method".

What's even more interesting is how our members continue to work together to perfect this method!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Here is where Defcon2k introduced the German method to us. It was his very first post on the forum. He attributed it to others in Germany but in later conversations, if I remember correctly, he said he did not know who actually discovered the method. I really think whoever it was should win a Nobel prize. I would love to hear the thought process of how it was discovered. Maybe it was just obvious to some genius. Or maybe it was stumbled upon by some idiot that didn't know the "proper" way to refill. Maybe he started by poking a hole in the front side of the cartridge directly into the reservoir and although it refilled easily, all the ink slowly dripped out and so he thought it would work better if he started over with a hole on the back side of the cartridge. We've all seen some other "idiot" ways to refill.

Since Defcon2k hasn't posted here since last year, maybe some of the others of you who know German can search the forums over in Germany and find out how this was discovered.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
In his video from nov 2006 defcon thanks "ritchman, gurl and others"

I did a little research:
"Ritchman" reports in this thread (may 2006, german "druckerchannel" forum, post #11)..
http://www.druckerchannel.de/forum.php?seite=beitrag&ID=82671&threadSeite=2
..that someday he was at a hardware store and there was a refill stand.
There he saw that mysterious drill hole at the bottom of the cartridge.
The next post is by "gurl", who tried it out.

So we have richman and gurl as the anonymous candidates for the refiller's nobel prize...
PS: ...but actual the nameless guy at the refill stand is the first protagonist in this story.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
This thread has turned out to be very interesting and entertaining! I love seeing people bring their skills and resources to the table.

In an effort to add my contribution I sent the following email to our friend Defcon2k

Hello!

Im the owner of the Nifty-Stuff.com printer forum. I thought youd be interested to see how your seed of information posted on our community forum has taken hold and grown like crazy!

Please see this thread here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5846

If you search the internet and the forum for German refill method youll see that there has been quite extensive discussion on the topic, resulting from some of your very first posts on our community! For example:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4315
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3386
Combining German Method and Squeeze Bottles http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4450

If youre inclined, wed love to hear your thoughts on the origins of this amazing German Refill Method:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5846

Cheers, and many thanks for bringing this to our community!

Rob Ludlow
www.Nifty-Stuff.com