Wireless scan issue

lapsio

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M25-M27 se
Hey guys!

Product Name: hp laserJet Pro MFP m26nw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a little issue with my LaserJet printer, today I have tried to install wireless driver to it, by "HP EasyStart" program,

Unfortunately there was a "Windows program stopped working" (http://imgur.com/a/v53Jk) error, so there wasn't any other options left but to find drivers directly to my printer. After some installation setup there was an option to install wi-fi drivers, but the drivers couldn't find the printer even when I put my printer ip. When i go to the printer ip using browsers i can normally check the statu or even change the settings. Another issue is that on the printer website the printer says it's not connected (http://imgur.com/a/8cfm4) what is kinda weird, because when i try to add printer by windows "add printer" applet it could be normally installed, but the windows drivers doesn't have options scan.
ps when i install usb drivers they work perfectly with all printing and scanning options.

ps2 I can't plug printer directly to the router cuz it's in another room.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I can't plug printer directly to the router cuz it's in another room.
Some printers require you first install them with a plugged in USB connection and then you can install the wireless function. After that then move the printer to wherever you want. I don't know if that is the case for your specific printer.

Your printer's User Manual, starting on page 37, discusses the procedures for installing wireless function.

Maybe uninstalling the printer, rebooting, and then reinstalling using the instructions from the manual, including obtaining updated software, may work. Alternatively, connecting the printer directly using USB and then re-installing may do the trick.

Latest posts